I still need to blog about JAF, but for now, I've just got a quick update from my 12 week check-up with the OB. Everything went well. All my lab work is good. After a bit of rolling around with the doppler, she found the baby's heartbeat and it was going strong at 160 BPM. She said that next time, it will be louder and easier to find which will be nice. We discussed our pre-natal testing options and decided to go ahead with an early screen test. Although we wouldn't do anything differently based on the results, I'm not too big on surprises and like to be prepared. So, we are scheduled to go on Monday for the blood test and ultrasound that are the early screen.
As for me, I need to post my first bump picture, but that will have to wait (as I'm at work on my lunch break now). As my doctor kindly put it this week, I'm not having any trouble gaining weight. I've been feeling better - less nausea and more energy. Some of the energy boost could be from my endocrinologist upping my thyroid medication dosage a couple weeks ago. With the added weight gain and the baby sapping some of the thyroid, most women on meds have to increase their dosage in pregnancy. Now, I'm hoping I'll feel more inclined to workout. Mostly at this point, I'm just hungry all the time. I never thought I'd say it but I'm tired of eating (and I'm a girl who LOVES to eat). Well, that's about all for now. Back to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment