Thursday, February 10, 2011

One Month Old

Naomi is One Month Old!

I can't believe it's been a month since we had Naomi.  That's just crazy.  I'm going to try to do a monthly post of Naomi and her progress, answering a few basic questions. 

How is she sleeping?  She's doing okay.  We're working our way up to sleeping 3 hours at a time. 

How is she eating?  She's always been a good eater.  Even the NICU nurses sometimes called her a piggy because she would down a bottle so fast.  Right now we're feeding her primarily breast milk and supplementing with formula.  We've been trying nursing and pumping.  The nursing is difficult, but I'll cover that more in my later post on breastfeeding. 

What new tricks does she do?  (That's what my brother, Derek, always asks.)  Mmmm...not really any yet, but she does hold her eyes open a little more.  We'll see how next month goes, but from what I understand, most of the good tricks start around the 3 month mark. 

That's all for now.  It'll be two months before I know it. 

No comments: