So, if you've been reading my blog, you know that I gained way too much weight with this pregnancy and I was already up a bit when I got pregnant. The bedrest and preeclampsia really didn't help, but regardless of the reasons, I exited this pregnancy heavier than I've ever been in my life (and I've always struggled with my weight). So, I'm now on a campaign to get my body back and I'm going to put it on my blog periodically as a sort of public accountability. I'll start with the stats and then follow up with some brief "How's it Going" chatter.
Stats:
Top Pregnancy Weight - 214
Current Weight (2 months post delivery) - 185
Pounds Lost So Far - 29
Pre-Pregnancy Weight - 157
Pounds to go to Pre-Preg - 28 (halfway there)
Ideal Weight Range - 135 to 140
Pounds to go to Goal - 45
How's It Going?
Of course it's going slowly. At first i dropped a good amount of weight because I was losing all my water weight from my massive swelling, but now the hard work begins. So far, I haven't been too hard core with my diet. I'm breastfeeding, so I want to be sure I don't short change my little girl since it requires 500 calories per day. So, I'll probably buckle down on the diet a little more in the future. For about the past month I've been working my physical activity level back up. It's been really difficult, since the bedrest killed my muscle tone and I'm carrying around so much extra weight. Tomorrow I'll teach my first Jazzercise class since before the pregnancy and I'll be resuming a regular teaching schedule next week so that should help. In a couple months, Naomi will be ready for the jogging stroller and hopefully hubs and I will hit the trail again. Gotta get back to running. Well, I think I'll probably update again in about a month, so think some skinny thoughts for me.
P.S. I glanced at some Spanx today. I'm thinking I may need those to smooth out some baby bumps...mmm...anybody worn those before or have any recommendations on them?
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Let me know what works for you getting all of your baby weight off, because I"ll be there with ya in a few months.
Oh and btw, Fuzzy's is by the IHOP and Buffalo Wild Wings on George Bush in Garland.
Post a Comment