Today we (dear hubby and I) completed the inaugural 13.1 Dallas half-marathon with Team World Vision.
It was exhausting. Of the 3 half-marathons we've completed, this was our slowest one (still hauling extra baby weight and out of shape), but it's the one that I'm most proud of because we didn't do it for ourselves and we really pushed ourselves.
We hurt... we have blisters... we have sores... we now look like we've got one foot in the nursing home when we walk... BUT... We did it and we have clean water to drink at the end. Around mile 12, I reminded myself that at least we aren't walking this far to get a bucket of dirty, diseased, mosquito infested, puddle water that we'd have to walk back to our village. And that's why we are doing this, to help World Vision with their water projects in Uganda.
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation by clicking the link below...
My Team World Vision Page
Here are a couple of pics from the finish line:
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
WAY TO GO!!! Definitely something I couldn't do!!
Post a Comment