Friday, October 21, 2011

New Sophie!

There is a baby toy / teether called Sophie the Giraffe.  Here she is...




The Gotta-Have-It Giraffe


We got Naomi one and promptly lost it.  It was last seen on a road trip to Houston (during which she may have been hurled across the car in a momentary burst of frustration, however this is not how she was lost).  It doesn't look like it should cost much to replace, but I just felt silly paying another $15 to $20 for something I had already bought once.  I had already combed the car, our bedroom, Naomi's room and everyplace else I could think of in search of it.  Everytime I would see a baby with Sophie, I'd get a little sad and even a tad jealous on Naomi's behalf (poor thing didn't have her Sophie anymore 'cause her silly parents lost her).


Recently, a friend posted on Facebook about how much her 4 month old son loved his Sophie.  I commented on her post, finally lamenting aloud about the lost Sophie.  In swoops my fabulous SIL, Terah!  She saw my comment, happened to be at Babies r Us buying a shower gift with a friend of ours, and she replaced Naomi's lost Sophie.  We came home with our new Sophie Thursday night and I promptly ripped her out of her packaging Friday morning and gave her to Naomi.  (Okay, I actually carefully took her out.  I'm so not a package ripper.)


Here is a picture of Naomi with her new Sophie!  Yay!


Thanks Aunt Terah!  

1 comment:

The Links said...

Oh yay!! I'm glad she has a Sophie to chew on too now!!