Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pregnancy Summary

Well, I really didn't blog this pregnancy like I did the last one, so here's a quick summary and a couple preggy pics (I didn't take many this time around).

First Trimester
I was definitely sicker this pregnancy. Since I was still carrying extra weight from Naomi, I was really trying to not gain too much this time. So, I didn't feed the nausea like I did last time and as a result, got sicker. I got a script for Zofran and that helped but I kept a strong gag reflex the whole time. Happily I gained very little, if any, weight at first.

Second Trimester
I felt great. I continued teaching Jazzercise. Started gaining a little weight, but not much. Still somewhat sick but not too much. Pretty much a good time.

Third trimester
I gained plenty of weight as baby grew and with it the awkwardly large, have to pee all the time stage set in. I switched to only teaching low impact Jazzercise. And, as we feared would happen, preeclampsia set in for this pregnancy as well. Luckily, it set in a little later in the pregnancy than last time and was more mild. I was able to do a sort of modified bed rest and still keep Naomi at home. The preeclampsia diagnosis also meant that I would have another c-section at about 38 weeks.

Well that about covers it.
25 weeks - headed to teach Jazzercise

35 weeks - at the Splash Park with the family

No comments: