Stats?
Weight: 26 lbs (25%)
Height: 31.25 in i.e. 2 ft 7 in (3%)
Diapers: size 5 (partly because we ran out of 4s and just decided to switch)
Clothes: 18-24 month in some pants, but mostly 24 month and some 2T
How is she sleeping?
Sleeps from about 7:30pm or so to 7:00-7:30am. She naps from about 1-3. I should say, I put her in the crib from 1-3 daily and sometimes she naps the whole time, sometimes not, and sometimes more. I thought I'd hate the one nap schedule, but I really like it. So much more freedom to do fun stuff in the morning. Honestly, I'm looking forward to Olivia joining her.
How is she eating?
She is getting much better at using a fork and spoon which is awesome. She seems to be more open to a wider variety of foods lately (not all the time, but at least sometimes). She drinks well out of any type of sippy cup. She can drink out of a normal cup or a drink with a normal straw, but it's not always a neat and clean affair. Favorites include: marshmallows, nilla wafers, graham crackers, peanut butter crackers, grapes, mandarin oranges, yogurt, various "squeezy fruits", chicken nuggets, ketchup, waffles, oatmeal, and pretty much whatever I'm eating. :)
Doctor Visit
She had her first full well visit with the new pediatrician. Everything was good. She's on track developmentally. Naomi threw a short little fit when I wouldn't let her play in the cabinet. The doctor looked down and remarked that was exactly what we should be seeing and is very developmentally appropriate. :) Kinda made me laugh. We ignored her and she stopped. Usually does the trick at some point. She got one little shot for her chicken pox vaccine booster and she got a toe prick to check her iron levels one last time. All was well. She cried, but was better after some snuggles and magical kisses. It'll be a sad day when my kisses don't make it all better. Otherwise, they said to go ahead and switch to 2% milk, feel free to make an appointment with a dentist for her, and we made her 3 year appointment (now that's a weird thought).
What new tricks does she do?
She runs, marches, stomps, tiptoes, dances, climbs and is physically just a bundle of energy and activity.
She continues her swim lessons and loves it - our little fearless fish. I think she really wants to be able to swim on her own, but just isn't quite there yet.
The language development continues to explode and you can have little toddler conversations with her. I love that. She strings together some basic sentences and picks up words left and right.
She knows her shapes (circle, square, rectangle, star, heart, octagon, pentagon, triangle, cone, diamond, and oval at least).
She sorta knows her colors.
I think she knows most letters and I've heard her recite chunks of the alphabet, but not all at once.
She can count to at least 12 and maybe up to 15.
She can sing a handful of little songs (Twinkle Twinkle, Row Your Boat, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, etc).
She knows that we pray before meals and will happily remind us if we forget and she can say Amen with the best of them.
She is starting into the world of pretend play and role playing. She takes care of dolls, stuffed animals, and her stuffed Mickey/Minnie. They take naps, get diaper changes, etc. She has a little kitchen table thing for food play and adores playing with her tea sets.
We are hoping to get her into some dance and tumbling classes this year as she loves to dance, hang upside down, do flips over my arm, do somersaults on the floor, etc.
General Observations?
We're not sure if those two year molars have all come through yet or not, but they've definitely been on the way.
She is such a little fireball - fiercely independent, full of energy, adventurous, playful and happy. An older lady at church today said, "If that (Naomi) doesn't put a smile on your face, then you're just dead." How right she is.
Naomi is showing some signs of readiness for potty training, but there is one critical one that I'm waiting on, before I dive into that. (She doesn't often tell me if she needs a diaper change and mostly doesn't care.) We want to be sure we are going to be successful before we go for it, so we are equipped and ready to go as soon as she gives me a little more of a green light. In the meantime, we're just trying to encourage.
She still gets to have a paci in her crib for naps and nighttime and she has one for the car. I'm trying to figure out when we want to get rid of that. I'm half thinking that I'll wait until this summer and just eliminate all the pacis in the house at once for both her and Olivia. We'll see. Wow, I could probably write so much more, but the bed is calling my name, so...
Until next time... Enjoy!


1 comment:
She looks JUST LIKE YOU in some of these pictures!! Both girls are so precious!
Post a Comment