Sunday, March 10, 2013

Losing the Baby Weight... Seriously

After I had Naomi, I wanted to get my body back, but my progress was so slow that I hardly got anywhere with it before we got pregnant again.  So, here I am again, going after the ever elusive pre-baby body (or at least some blessed shadow of it). You may have noticed that one of my goals for this year was to get halfway to my weight loss goal, eg. lose 30 lbs this year. 

Some background/stats:

I have always struggled with my weight.  I like food and I'm lazy and I'm honest about it.  In high school I worked out and stayed healthy.  In college, I drank and ate and didn't workout enough and wasn't healthy.  Then, I got a job that traveled full time, eating out constantly and gained even more weight.  When I met and married my husband I was at my heaviest.  A little bit after our honeymoon, I pulled a horrible cholesterol number and decided it was time to do the work and get it off.  I did it - worked hard, ate right, lost the weight and became a Jazzercise instructor.  I even started running and completed several 5Ks, a few 10Ks and even 2 half marathons. 

Then, I gained 60 lbs or so with Naomi (feeding the nausea, cutting down my workouts and eventual bed rest did not help) and was already up a little bit before we got pregnant.  Like I mentioned, I really didn't lose much after having Naomi especially once I knew we were trying again. I did complete another half-marathon, but really didn't run much of it. 

Then, I got pregnant with Olivia.  I worked much harder with Olivia at not gaining much weight since I knew I was still carrying weight from my first pregnancy.  I worked out more and harder and I didn't eat every time I was nauseous (hello Zofran!).  I was successful in only gaining what I should even if I did get stuck on bed rest again.  After Olivia, I knew I wanted to wait a couple of months before trying to lose any weight so that I could establish my milk supply.  Then the holidays hit, not a good time to start that sort of thing, and I actually gained a little weight. 

So, all that to say, here are my stats and I'll keep you posted as I hit milestones.  You can find me on MyFitnessPal and at Jazzercise in Plano on a regular basis.  Hoping to add in some other stuff too, but it's tough right now with two in tow. 

Top Pregnancy Weight: about 215

1/1/13 Weight: 200
1/1/13 Clothing: maternity and some size 18
1/1/13 Measurements: I couldn't find my tape measure, so don't have that. :(

3/10/13 Weight: 181
3/10/13 Clothing: size 16 (mostly)
3/10/13 Measurements:
             Arm - 13.5"
             Bust - 41.5"
             Band - 36.5"
             Waist - 40"
             Hips - 45.5"
             Thigh - 26"
             Calf - 16.5"

So, 19 lbs lost!  I'm almost 2/3 of the way to my goal for the year and 1/3 of the way to my total goal.  That feels pretty good.  I LOVE being ahead of schedule.  And, I LOVE all my Jazzercise gals who constantly encourage me and tell me how much slimmer I look and how much more energetic I am on stage.  This also should tell you that if you've ever said, "I'm too fat to do all that [Jazzercise or really anything]", then you couldn't be more wrong.  Come dance with me! 

5 comments:

The Links said...

19 pounds in 3 months!!! That is awesome!!! Way to go girl!! I think it's great that you set a reasonable goal of only losing half of your weight, because now you just might surprise yourself and lose more and then you can be extra proud of yourself!!

Unknown said...

That's great! Congrats to you. I am down 20 this year as well. You know my story, the constant battle. I'll add you on MFP. I like the idea of being accountable.

Beth said...

That is wonderful! Keep up the good fight! I am working on getting the last 10 pounds off from Tim.

The Fants said...

Way to go girl!! That's pretty amazing that you're already so close to your goal in such a short time :) excited to hear more of your journey!

Monica said...

This is GREAT! Way to go! I would love to lose 15-20 lbs. I just recently started working out, but now the doctor told me I can only do low impact b/c I am having joint problems in my toe. It really upset me because I was finally feeling good. I'm also using MyFitnessPal to track calories. It's HARD to eat right, but I know I can lose weight if I watch what I eat even if I can't work out as hard as I was.