Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Olivia - 8 Months
Stats?
Weight: about 16 lbs 13 oz (?%)
Height/Length: ? in (?%)
Head: ? in (?%)
Clothing Size: 6 months, 6-9 months, and some 9 months
Diaper Size: Size 3 at night, and Size 2 during the day
How is she sleeping?
Hallelujah, Praise The Lord! She finally started sleeping through the night (mostly). :) We put her down for bed around 7 and she usually sleeps until about 8 (sometimes more, sometimes less). Naps are going okay. She takes about a 1 hour nap in the morning and about a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, most days. She really could go for a little more sleep in the afternoon slot, but oh well. She'll outgrow that soon.
How is she eating?
She still nurses regularly, roughly every 3 hours. We supplement with a bottle of formula before the afternoon nap and before bed. I'm glad that we made that choice last month because I really think it has helped her sleep better - I think she was just super hungry all the time and my body just couldn't keep up. It's definitely been the right choice. Her sippy cup skills are improving but I think we are at least a month away from her being able to use it full time. Once we get there, I'll probably begin weaning slowly. Solids has been interesting. It appears we have a picky eater on our hands. She will not eat baby food, so we've had to just give her small, squishy bites of the real deal. The small number of things that she likes, she will eat a lot of but otherwise, not more than a bite. So far, her favorite food is refried beans (don't judge - it's the only thing she'll consistently go to town on). She also likes butternut squash, sweet potatoes, puffs, gold fish, muffin, avocado (we think) and a little bit of the apple/peach squeezy fruit that I fed her. We long ago abandoned "the rules" with this one and just try to feed her as many squishy things that we can come up with. As for self-feeding, she can successfully grab something and get it TO her mouth, but only gets it IN her mouth about half the time. I think she'll get that down this next month since she's gotten quite a bit better this month.
Doctor Visit
We go again at 9 Months. :)
What new tricks does she do?
She's now a steady assisted stander. She can hold on to her music table for quite a while and play before she falls over. She's trying to figure out cruising but probably won't be there for another month. She's still rolling and scooching all over the place. I'm not sure she will ever crawl since she's so adept at getting where she wants to go anyway. We'll see. She's the star pupil in her babies swim class. She loves being in the water; she gets all excited and starts kicking her legs and panting in anticipation as soon as she sees the pool. She does really well going under water and holding her breath. She doesn't seem to like floating on her back, but we keep working on it. So proud! Mmmm... guess that's it.
General Observations?
She's going to get hair someday, right?
Little girl has turned into the cutest, little chunky monkey! Too cute!
We have a little tooth bud poking through on the bottom. And judging by the drool soaked world little girl is living in, it's got friends coming out to join it.
Naomi has had such a large personality that I was worried about little Olivia being overshadowed and shrinking into the background, but I'm less worried now. When we are out and about, Olivia has gotten quite adept at commanding her own audience with her beaming smiles. Love my smiley girls!
Until next time... Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
So cute!
She seems like such a happy little girl :)
I know you are thrilled about her sleeping through the night. I am already so ready for that to happen over here, too!
Happy 8 Months :)
Yay for sleeping through the night!!! I can't believe how chunky she is getting. She is just a little ball of cuteness!!
Post a Comment