Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Recap 2013 Goals

My Goals for 2013

1) Read my Jesus Calling Devotional daily - This started out well, but sorta fizzled out.  I did read it a bunch when we took the girls to CA and it helped me keep sane.  We also read it a bit during the home selling process. 

2) Lose half of my baby weight gain (i.e. 30 pounds) - This started out strong.  I lost 20 lbs in the first quarter.  Even with slow down I was on track to complete this goal until we sold our house and moved.  I stalled out at 25 lbs down and actually gained 5 back during the moving / settling in / Holiday process.  

3) Organize my house - With selling the house this actually pretty much got accomplished.  Unfortunately some of the quick fix organizing resulted in tossing things in a box to deal with later, so there is that...

4) Read at least 4 books this year - This definitely did not happen.  I may have started 4 books (not even sure about that), but I didn't finish a single one.  

5) Do more activities like crafts and stuff with my girls - Accomplished and still working on it...


Honestly, I'm really dissapointed that I didn't achieve #2 and I've spent a good bit of head-space beating myself up about it, but I'm done with that.  Pointless and destructive.  

#1 was at least somewhat fruitful.  I definitely reach for the Word when stressed which is good.  Now to just stay in it all the time...

#4 I just shrug my shoulders at and know that someday...

No comments: