Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Conversations with Naomi - 5-7-14

I've decided that I have to start documenting some of my conversations with Naomi (and Olivia as they progress) because they've gotten quite cute - sometimes funny and sometimes they just bring a little happy tear to my eye.  

This morning, while playing "nap" and calling them my babies...

Naomi:  Yeah, we're the baby birds and your the momma bird.  (This is a reference to my bird nest necklace that I've explained to Naomi before.)

Me:  That's right sweetie.  You know our little baby birds out front, they've grown up and flown away from the nest.  Someday you will grow up and fly away too.  

Naomi:  You'll have to hold my hand when I fly Mommy.  

Me:  You bet sweetie!  I will definitely hold your hand when you fly.  

Naomi:  And Daddy too.  

Me:  Of course, Daddy and I will both hold your hand when you fly.  

And, cue happy little tear.  She doesn't have the perspective that I have or understand the symbolism of this conversation yet.  But that is my hope - that she lets me hold her hand a little as she learns to fly and that our nest is a warm, happy place to land when she flies off on her own. 

I love you Naomi!


No comments: