Friday, September 18, 2009

Scary Politician

Okay, so I realize that most politicians these days are "scary" based strictly on the fact that they are politicians, but this guy is really out there.  I'm talking about Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. 
Check out this article - Violence Rises in Dueling Rallies in Iran - around it you'll find links to other articles about Ahmadinejad concerning his stance on nuclear weapons, the Iranian election disputes (although according to him there is no issue), the American hikers that are currently imprisoned in Iran, etc. 

So, a number of things disturbed me about this article and this politician.  First, the whole concept of Quds Day is disturbing since essentially it is centered on hating one country, one group of people, so much that you declare a national holiday to celebrate it.  Celebrating hatred - how sad!  Also, as a reminder, Ahmadinejad is the man that continues to deny the Holocaust which is just plain stupid.  He denies absolute historical fact, things documented in photos, in writing, in eye-witness accounts and most notably in corpses.  This guy is in charge of a country - scary.  Lastly, as taken from the article "Some in the government-sponsored rally chanted: 'Death to those who oppose the supreme leader!'".  Mmmm... I don't think that I need to expound on that. 

For all of us out here (including me) who really don't support Obama's political agenda, I am enjoying the freedom I have as an American to oppose him without the death threats and fear.  God Bless America! 

No comments: