Stupid Teeny-Bopper Shows that I'm Embarrased to Say I Watch:
- 90210 - It's a designer train-wreck and sometimes all the "drama" is comical.
- Melrose Place - This is another re-make and designer train-wreck. Whose life is really like these things?
- One Tree Hill - This show should have ended last season. The season finale episode was a perfect series finale episode, but alas, I'm roped into watching it another season. Let's see how they can destroy perfectly happy couples this year.
- Vampire Diaries - I got "sucked" into this one on the back of my minor Twilight obsession. Now I've bought the books and you'll see it pop up on my reading list as soon as I start. What can I say? Super powers are super sexy (if you can ignore that dead, blood sucker thing).
- So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD)- These people really can dance and it's very entertaining. I've had routines move me to tears and I've had them leave me smiling. Good stuff.
- Dancing With the Stars - I really only watch this because Cheryl Burke is the new spokeswoman for Jazzercise and because several of the pro dancers are from SYTYCD. This week most of it got trumped by other things on my DVR and I only fast forwarded through the results show to see the tribute to Patrick Swayze. It was beautiful and made me a bit teary-eyed. Cheryl's a lucky duck to get to dance that piece and she did it so well.
- Amazing Race - I love to travel and I love this show. I can't wait for the new season to start tonight.
Just Plain Good Shows:
- Heroes - It was an interesting premier. I'm very curious to see where they take it this season and what this new group is all about.
- Fringe - I'm still loving this show. It's smart, funny, gross and full of a mixed bag of sci-fi (and Joshua Jackson isn't bad to look at) - what's not to like!
- Big Bang Theory - Again, this one is smart and funny. It's full of geeky humor that I totally get. Mmmm...kinda wish that Leonard and Penny hadn't jumped into the sack together so quickly this season though. One, it was bound to end up awkward that way (and it did). Two, I think it would have been more interesting to explore the relationship a bit. Oh well, the writers have entertained me so far, so we'll see what they come up with this year.
- How I Met Your Mother - This one's not always smart, but is still funny. It's a bit like Friends and the BBC's Coupling (not the American version which was dung). I'm loving the Barney/Robin match-up.
- Gray's Anatomy - I'm glad that Meredith and McDreamy are finally all dreamy, but I'm wondering if the show is going to get horribly stale this season. (Oh, and glad George is gone - they made his character so whiney last season - probably so we wouldn't miss him.) We'll see what happens.
- Flash Forward - This one's new this season and so far seems interesting. Mmmm...more later.
- Private Practice - It starts next week, so we'll see what happened to Violet.
- Lost - Lost is apparently lost until January from what I hear. I believe it's scheduled to wrap up in 2010 so hopefully they are coming up with a brilliant end to the mess that they've created. This show has had its ups and downs. I'm ready to see it's conclusion.
Well, I think that about wraps it up on this subject for me. So, like I said, I watch entirely too much TV. Someday I'll manage to get it down to a reasonable volume. For now, I should probably go read a book...mmm...what to read...I'm always in the middle of a handful of books. I'll let you know.


No comments:
Post a Comment