I'll start with the last weekend of bedrest before my induction date. It was set to be a great weekend as my family shower was scheduled for that Saturday. The shower was wonderful. They wheeled me in my wheelchair down to one of the hospital classrooms. The cake was gorgeous and yummy - it was decorated to match Naomi's bedroom set and was fab. I loved all my gifts and getting to spend the time with family and some close family friends.
Unfortunately the fun of the weekend ended shortly after the shower. I hadn't really felt that great before the shower but I brushed it off so that I could enjoy myself. It came back with a vengence that afternoon as I started vomiting. In fact, in the first of what I would later know to be a long series of embarrasing moments, I had to excuse myself to throw up while some family had stopped by to visit and drop off a gift. Brian and I figured that we better tell my nurse. I ended up getting an IV for fluids since I couldn't keep much of anything down. (Kudos to the nurses for even being able to start an IV on my dehydrated, hidey veins.) When they put me on the monitors, they discovered that I was having some contractions, so I ended up getting a drug for that. I thought that was odd since I was being induced on Monday anyway and asked the nurse about it. She said that it wouldn't stop my labor if it was real - not sure about all that but had to trust her.
By Sunday, I was feeling better and able to hold down food. Brian and I slept a lot since we didn't get much sleep the night before. They left the IV in since I would need it for the induction the next day anyway, but stopped giving me anything. Of course I only got to eat until midnight anyway. Brian ended up staying the whole weekend as the vomiting/contraction thing was very scary and Sunday night was the start of the induction process. This all ended up being very weird as we had all my shower gifts still up there and he had no bag packed for the hospital, etc. Some family went to our house and got Brian some underwear, etc and we prepared to have a baby the next day. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment