Happy New Year! I can't believe I'm checking off my 4th week in the hospital and passed the 36 week mark. I love that it was a short work week for Brian because then I get extra time with my hubby and he can get some stuff done around the house to help prep for Naomi's homecoming. I hate that he's having to take on so much extra but that's just the way this has worked out. With some family help, he was able to tidy up Naomi's room, set up the pack n' play as a bassinet in our bedroom, install the car seat, and get some other cleaning done. Another thanks to family for bringing up some home cooked food for us to eat tonight (it's a real treat since we've been eating so much hospital and restaurant food).
Medically, my status is somewhat unchanged with the pre-eclampsia only worsening slightly. Over last weekend and the beginning of the week, my swelling increased a bit (not to the level that it was before I was admitted, but nevertheless), so I had a feeling that something was going on. My doctor ran another set of labs and another 24 hour urine test around Tuesday just to check it out. My labs were all good (platelets, liver enzymes, etc were good); my urine test did show an increase in spilled protein to the 600s (it was in the 300s, but isn't really "actionable" until it exceeds at least 5000). So, basically, we just keep monitoring things. I'll likely have another set of labs and urine test around Tuesday just to be safe. I had another ultrasound on Thursday and they estimate that she is about 5 lbs 13 oz (give or take a pound) and should be between 6.5 and 7 pounds by delivery. She also has a full head of hair. The plan is still to induce around 38 weeks, so I have about another week and a half here before I start working my way down to the active L&D section, the post-partum section, and then home. All in all, I'll likely be heading home in about 2 weeks. At this point, it's most likely that Naomi shouldn't have any issues and should be able to go home with us, so that is good news.
Guess that's about it for now. We're in the home stretch and are getting excited to meet our little girl and take her home (and take me home). Thanks to everyone for all your prayers during this time - definitely feeling the love. :)
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment