We've made it to the end of week 3 and have had a Merry Christmas in the hospital. This week went by really fast. On Tuesday night, we had the last of our baby prep classes, breast-pumping and returning to work. Although I won't have a job to return to, I am still currently planning on going back to work. We'll see what God has in store for us on that front. Wednesday, I had a visitor from church and Brian won a pass to get off work early, so that day flew by.
Thursday, I had lots of visitors. My wonderful work peeps surprised me around lunch time with a sort of impromptu baby shower/gift. I'm normally not big on surprises but this one was a great one and very much appreciated! After that, I had some family from Houston stop by and drop off some candy and some cute stuff for Naomi. Then I had a Jazzercise student and my parents visit right after Brian got here (he got off work early again since his office closed early for the holiday). Then, later in the evening, we were skyped into some family Christmas festivities. It was certainly unique and it was nice to be included and get to be apart of things.
Christmas Eve, Brian's family (Emily, Alex, and Terah) brought dinner up to us (yummy! great smoked turkey and sides) and we visited and opened up gifts. Naomi got spoiled a bit again (yay!). Everytime we get something for Naomi, we feel just a little more ready for her arrival. Christmas Day, some of my family brought lunch up and we also visited and opened up gifts. I actually took a wheelchair ride down to some tables and chairs in the atrium for us to munch. It was a fun visit. The day after Christmas brought the last of our celebrations as some more of my family came up to visit and exchange gifts. Another nice visit and a good close to our holiday festivities.
Otherwise feeling pretty good. I've pulled a couple bad bp numbers here and there, my swelling is up a bit the last couple days and I'm having some warm-up contractions but nothing abnormal. I'll be getting another round of labs and urine test starting tomorrow morning, just to monitor things and make sure that I'm staying steady. I'll be 36 weeks on Wednesday - just a couple more weeks to go! We're getting close to scheduling the induction according to the doctor (still planning for 38 weeks); we're doing my Group B test tomorrow (a standard test for some infection that could hurt the baby if I have it). I'm cheered to think that I'm over halfway through my stay here. Well, finishing watching Elf and some football. Will keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment