Well, it's the end of my second week of bed rest in the hospital. I've gotten into a routine and have gotten to know some of the nurses as I've had a couple of them more than multiple times. So far they've pretty much all been really nice. My room is all decorated for Christmas and has pictures and flowers in it so it's very homey (all the nurses love my room). As of this afternoon, I also have wrapped gifts under my mini Christmas tree. At this point, if you overlook the medical equipment, hospital bed, and bio hazard bins, my room looks like a tiny efficiency apartment.
In addition to pastoral visits from the church, they also sent over some carolers on Wednesday night. I love singing Christmas carols and have been sad that I'm missing all the singing at church, so it was a great treat. Of course somewhere between the hormones and the Christmas spirit, I started crying during the second carol (Brian got something in his eye around the same time, wink wink). Glad I got to do some singing along!
Thursday night, we went to our infant safety & CPR class (it's in the hospital and I got permission to go via wheel chair). It was very useful although I was very ready to go after a couple hours, especially with the one lady who had a million "what if" questions (there's always one in every class). The part that amuses me is that they give you all these instructions on "child-proofing" your home and then reiterate the fact that all of those efforts really just slow your kid down and that they'll still manage to get into stuff no matter how high up you put it or what child safety locks you install. Cracks me up a little bit, especially since it's pretty much true. I guess the goal is to slow 'em down enough that you can catch 'em. One more class on Tuesday and we will have completed all of our childbirth and childcare classes.
Anyway, medically not too much has changed for me. My blood pressures have mostly come back in the 130s and 140s with a few higher, but one bad day with more 150s and 160s earned me a blood draw and 24 hour urine test. Yippee, who doesn't love being awoken at 7 am by a lady with a needle? :) Blood draw came back good and the urine test showed only a slight, negligible increase in the amount of protein I'm spilling. My weight has actually come down a little since I've been here. I'm certain this is due to a decrease in swelling and fluid retention because my feet/ankles look a lot better (though still quite swollen, at least they are distinguishable from my calves) and the carpal tunnel in my hands is significantly better. Sonogram on Friday was good - Naomi is still doing great.
Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good and I'm not bored yet. Merry Christmas to everyone!
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment