Sunday, December 12, 2010

The End of an Eventful Week

So Friday was the conclusion of a very eventful and somewhat stressful week.  At some point earlier in the week (I've lost track), Terah kindly came up here and then dropped off some paperwork at my office that I had to turn in by a certain deadline.  When she came back she brought a miniature Christmas tree with ornaments and some Reese's minis.  Yum!  Friday brought more paperwork as Brian had to drop off some more paperwork that was due and pick up some additional forms that I now need to file for my leave.  While he was at my office he went ahead and packed up my desk.  It's really sad - I never really got a chance to say bye to people and my leaving was so unplanned.  I knew that once I went on leave, I wouldn't be coming back since my layoff date would be during my leave time, but I was planning on working pretty close to the end of the pregnancy and having time to say bye.  That night, my parents came and set-up the tree Terah got me and also drove my car home since it had been sitting in the parking lot at the hospital since Monday. 

Medically, my numbers have gotten better the past couple days.  The doctor attributes it to the bed rest and I'm sure she's right.  My swelling seems to have gone down some as well. 

The past few days have been more settled.  We now have my room decorated for Christmas and with some personal photos and flowers.  I've had some great visitors.  Our church, Heights Baptist, has someone call or visit every week day so I got a visit on Thursday and a call on Friday.  Also, the prayer shawl ministry at church brought me a prayer shawl yesterday.  We've had a couple of people from our ABF at church stop by this weekend with flowers, food or books so it's been nice to see some friends.  One of my bosses from work and his wife came to visit today and brought me a couple magazines.  I've had family in and out for the last few days.  It really makes me realize how blessed we are.  I'm also super thankful for this little HP mini netbook that I'm typing on and Facebook - my little windows to the outside world.  Well, I guess that's it for now.  Time to do something else... hope everyone had a great weekend! 

No comments: