Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday - It's Official

Brian went ahead and went into work since we had a feeling that I wasn't going to get released.  The doctor came in around 9 in the morning and confirmed what we suspected.  I would remain in the hospital until Naomi is born.  My doctor's goal is to get me to 38 weeks and then to induce labor so that the pregnancy doesn't put any more strain on my body.  Here is a link to the mayo clinic article on preeclampsia http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/preeclampsia/DS00583 - you can step through the different sections and get an idea of what it is.  One of the questions that I've already gotten from friends/family is about blood pressure medication.  My doctor doesn't currently have me on anything because she doesn't want to mask this symptom as she can use it to gauge if my situation is getting worse or holding steady.  Makes sense.  Anyway, we did get permission to roll me over to our breastfeeding class that night in another building of the hospital, so that was nice. 

Brian had his final for his stat class Thursday afternoon and then came over and that night he loaded me up into a wheelchair and I got to get out of my room for the first time since I'd walked into it Monday afternoon.  It was lovely.  Just some notes about the parameters of my bed rest for those curious: I do get to get up to take showers, go to the bathroom, etc.  I get to wear my own pjs and clothes.  Otherwise, I pretty much just sit or lay in bed all day and keep myself busy on the computer, tv, books, etc.  I feel pretty much normal other than just tiring out easily (some of which is typical 3rd trimester stuff and some of which may be attributed to the blood pressure).  I get sad when I think about the muscle atrophy and about how hard it will be to get back to Jazzercise and, at some point, running.  Well, more tomorrow. 

No comments: