Tuesday, December 7, 2010
My First Day in the Hospital
So, after my first night in the hospital, I discovered that I'm not any different than anyone else - I barely slept. I was up almost every hour. I couldn't get comfortable, had to go to the bathroom, wasn't used to the noises or setting, etc. Brian came by in the morning before work, but since we knew I would be there all day finishing my testing, he went ahead and went to work. At this point, we really hadn't told too many people since we didn't really know much and so far it wasn't that big of a deal. Obviously I had to tell my work since I was going to be out for the day (horrible timing too - dead middle of our acquisition closing which is similar to a quarter-end close, so a busy time). Anyway, doctor came by at some point and let me know that she probably wouldn't get the results back from the lab in time to release me that night (she didn't want to release me and then have to re-admit me) so I would be staying another night. My blood pressure readings had come back all over the place, but all elevated, some really badly and some not as bad (systolic ranging from 130s to 160s and dystolic pretty stable). At this point she pretty much told me that I would be on bed rest for the duration of the pregnancy but she wanted to wait to see the protein results before deciding whether I could do my bed rest at home or if I'd have to do it in the hospital. Of course I had to let my office know as I would be out yet again and they should probably know that I was most likely not going to be able to come back at all (I was actually laid off due to the acquisition last week effective 2/25/11 - good times, so it was looking like I would spend the reminder of my employed time on short-term disability). At this point we also let a couple of other family and friends know so they could be praying especially for the home bed rest rather than hospital. So I settled in for another night, this time with an Ambien (allelujah) and Brian headed home alone again (no sense in both of us not sleeping well).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment