Alright Mommys out there - I'm looking for some advice on making my own baby food. I've already decided that I want to do that (when the time comes in a few months), but want some appliance advice.
If you make/made your own baby food, what do you use? BEABA? A standard food processor? Some other brand of baby food maker?
Let me know what you used (or heck, what some friend of yours used). Give me a good review - likes, dislikes, costs associated, etc. Feel free to drop any other tips or things you've learned along the way.
THANKS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
How exciting that you're going to make her food! And by the way, she is absolutely adorable!! I just saw her pictures :)
Anyway, I made Bryson's food for about 4 or 5 months. I loved it and it really wasn't hard at all. I looked long and hard into buying an appliance created specifically fo making baby food, but after reading reiews and talking to friends, I realized that it was just as easy with a regular food processor. We had a really nice one that we got as a wedding present, so I didn't have to buy one.
I also, bought the baby food storage containers made for homemade baby food and that was a huge waste. It was a bummer. After trying them for a few times, I just went to the dollar store and got a few packages of ice cube trays. that worked perfectly! Once I poured it in, I covered it with plastic wrap so it stayed clean. When it was frozen, i popped them out and put them in tupperware containers or double ziploc baggies and stuck them back in the fridge. I would put a few cubes in a bowl and put them in the fridge in the morning so I could pop it in the microwave for just a sec before feeding Bryson. Worked great fo us!
As far as how to make it, or what to make, I pretty much only used this site. It was by far the best I found! http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/solidfood4to6montholdbaby.htm
We went through a TON of sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, bananas and apples.
Also, just because she doesn't like it at first, or doesn't eat too much, keep it in the freezer and try again in a few weeks...you never know!
Also, I used to put oatmeal or rice flakes straight into his veggies at dinner just so he had a little bit fuller belly and maybe, just maaaaybe sleep a little better at night :)
Goodluck!! I know she'll love it :)
You'll have to pass on all of your info. I already have a few books about making baby food. I am very interested in making my own. I'm all about saving money. I haven't even opened the books, because I figure I'll read them closer to the time when I need to. I'm busy reading books on schedules, birth and breastfeeding now!
Post a Comment