Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Product Review: Nice 'n Easy Root Touch Up

I began graying at an early age.  I can remember the girls who sat behind me in high school choir plucking my occassional gray hairs.  Yes, it started that early.  So, me and hair color have a long and rich history.  In high school, I did my own and used semi-permanant and thought it was fun to experiment with colors.  In college, I started getting it professionally done with highlights and everything.  Expensive!  (Side note: never color over professional highlights with a box dye.  My then boyfriend called me Pepe Le Pew because of the skunk like effect as all my rounds of highlighting took the color differently.)  Finally, I went back to doing it myself.  As the grays have become more pervasive, particularly at my temples and in my part, I've had to switch to very permanant hair dye and my roots show up much more readily.  Thus, the long story of why I even needed to try the Nice 'n Easy Root Touch Up.  I got it with a coupon deal of course, so I wouldn't feel bad.  It says it will match any brand, yada, yada... we'll see.  It's a semi-permanant color that is designed to essentially buy you about 3-4 weeks before you have to do another full color. 

5 Medium Brown

This past weekend, I took the plunge and tried it.  I mixed up the solution in the little mixing tray, got out the little plastic brush, donned my gloves, and went to town on my most noticible roots (again, temples and center part areas).  It was easy to apply and not too messy (though I had removed bath mats in case).  That's always a plus as I've dyed walls, floor, bath mats, and all different parts of my body.  Other than getting a little dye on my face which was easily wiped away with a damp paper towel, it was all good.  I cleaned up my supplies and waited the prescribed 10 minutes before rinsing and conditioning.  The instructions, as usual, said not too shampoo but didn't mention anything about conditioner so I decided to use it since coloring can be so drying.  When my hair dried, it looked great.  You can't tell at all where the root touch up is versus my original permanant color.  I will definitely use it again.  It's great for doing a quick touch-up before an event or something when you don't have time to do a full dye job, but want to look your best (and not 10 years older). 

I say Color Me Impressed!

1 comment:

The Links said...

This is what my Mom use, and I'm the one that does it for her. It is very easy to use and always looks great!!