It's official! Brian and I are signed up with The Heights Team World Vision (TWV) group to run the innaugural Dallas 13.1 Half-Marathon! I'm nervous and I'm excited. Although I've run two half-marathons before, this will be the first since I've had the baby. In other words, I'm heavier and not in as good of shape as I was for my previous two half-marathons. This ups the challenge. I wanted to be on TWV last year, but being entirely too pregnant at the time, that didn't seem advisable. (Actually, as it turned out, the Monday after the White Rock Marathon/Half-Marathon that TWV did last year was when I ended up in the hospital for my bedrest.)
I'm doing this for a couple of reasons:
One is the obvious quest to get my body back. Hopefully the training will get me in better shape and help me drop some pounds. My goal here is to finish and it would be nice if my time was somewhere close to 3 hours (if I recall correctly, my previous finish times were just over 3 hours).
The more important one is to raise money for World Vision. The Heights team will specifically be raising money for an ongoing water project in Uganda. Please visit my fundraising page here and consider contributing any amount you can. My goal here is at least $50 per mile which is $655.
Wish me luck! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Good luck!! I give props to anyone who runs a marathon or half marathon because I'm pretty sure it's something I cold never do whether I was in shape or not.
Way to go, girl!! Michael tried to sneak my name onto the list in ABF, but I"m no where near ready to run another half marathon.
You're a champ! Good luck with training!! Can't wait to read about everything :)
Post a Comment