All of this to explain why this is my Merry Christmas to you (if you are among all the wonderful people to whom I didn't end up sending a card). On the upside, it's one less card you have to feel slightly guilty about throwing away at the end of the season. So here is the digital version...
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
| the picture from our card |
We welcomed Naomi Katherine Culp into our loving arms on January 10th of this year. She is such a blessing. It’s been amazing to watch her grow and develop over the past year. She is a sweet, social, happy, smart, clever, and beautiful baby girl who babbles and cruises around the house. I can’t believe we’ll be celebrating her first birthday so soon!
Although we had two trips planned, we decided to forgo them to stay with our baby and to save some money. So, our travels this year have included trips to Houston for a wedding and to Austin to visit Brian’s mom, Emily. We learned a lot about traveling with an infant. There were a lot of moments that weren’t funny at the time, but are now. J
Brian actually changed jobs in October of this year. He is now a Service Delivery Manager with Vertex. It was a really good career opportunity that he couldn’t pass up. He’s been getting to know his new role and is really enjoying it.
Brian continues to pursue his bachelor’s degree part-time at the University of Texas at Dallas (still making excellent grades). We can see a light at the end of the tunnel – on course for graduation in spring of 2013.
I was laid off from Microtune back in February while on maternity leave (yes, it’s legal as they laid off most of my department in a company acquisition). I went on one interview and came home crying and hoping that I didn’t get the job because I just didn’t want to leave Naomi. We talked… we crunched numbers… and, my new job of being a stay at home mom is what I will happily be doing until we decide otherwise. I never thought I’d be a stay at home mom or love it this much. I even got a sewing machine for my birthday (still figuring out what to do with it); just call me Suzy Homemaker. Life can be pleasantly surprising.
I returned to teaching Jazzercise when my medical leave ended. It’s been challenging to get back in the groove, but good for me.
In October, we completed the Dallas 13.1 (a half-marathon) with Team World Vision to raise money for a clean water project in Africa. It was the hardest half we’ve done (it’s our 3rd one, but the 1st one post-baby) and we had our slowest time, but we are so proud to prevail and to have run for such a worthy cause.
We truly can’t believe all the changes that have happened this year and how much we have been blessed through it all. Looking forward to seeing what God has in store next year. Wishing you and your family a very joyous Christmas and a great start to the New Year!
Love,
Brian, Christine, and Naomi Culp


4 comments:
Such a cute family picture!
Hope y'all had a fantastic Christmas!!
PRECIOUS picture!!
That is a fantastic family photo of y'all!! Naomi is adorable!!!
I like to run first thing in he morning and 30-45 degrees is just too cold for me and much too cold to drag Bundle Pearson up in it. Don't you think?? That's why I'm waiting!!
Post a Comment