I typed this up back after Naomi's first birthday in January and am just now posting it (just days before she hits 15 months and I need to do another post).
I can't believe a whole year has flown by in the blink of an eye.
If you've never read Naomi's birth story, you can read it here:
http://culpgal.blogspot.com/2011/01/naomis-birthday.html
http://culpgal.blogspot.com/2011/01/aftermath-mag-and-nicu.html
http://culpgal.blogspot.com/2011/01/rest-of-our-stay-and-release-days.html
I still tear up reading it over a year later and I wonder if that will ever change.
We've watched our baby girl grow from a helpless lump of cuteness to a curious baby girl with an emerging independent streak. We've gone from sleepless nights to mostly good nights. We've childproofed and continue to do so as Naomi reveals her increasing knack for getting into things. We've read, played with toys, learned to eat, gone to Tiny Tots, gone to story time at the library, gone to the park, and enjoyed countless other firsts both small and big.
And, we've watched ourselves grow - as individuals, as a couple, and as parents. We've both become more patient. Brian has become an even harder worker as the sole provider for our family (such a blessing). He's an amazing Dad who does everything he can for her and gladly takes over as soon as he's home from work, so that I can have some me time (a HUGE deal for me - thank you, thank you, thank you). I've become less selfish (at least where Naomi's concerned; no one else has probably noticed a difference). I've become far more tolerant of mess (as evidenced by Naomi's birthday cupcake pics) which is huge for me. As a couple, we've had to work much harder this year. The first year of parenthood is very stressful and definitely a challenge to your marriage. We've had to be patient with each other in various areas, we've had to work hard not to take out frustration/lack of sleep on each other, and we've had to be very intentional about making time for us as a couple. Overall though, in Grinch terms, our hearts have grown ten sizes.
Here is a flash back to the past year in pictures:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment