Saturday, May 18, 2013
Naomi - 2 1/4 Years
I meant to post this a while ago, but got busy and forgot, so here it is... although I'll be doing a 2 1/2 year post soon (I'm sure it'll be late too).
Stats?
Weight: ? lbs (?%)
Height: ? (?%)
Diapers: size 5
Clothes: 24 month and some 2T
How is she sleeping?
The same - Sleeps from about 7:30pm or so to 7:00-7:30am. She naps from about 1-3. I should say, I put her in the crib from 1-3 daily and sometimes she naps the whole time, sometimes not, and sometimes more. She's getting close to being able to climb out of her crib, so we will probably be taking the front off to convert it to a toddler bed in the coming months.
How is she eating?
She eats better all the time. I love not having to cut things up for her much anymore. She eats like a toddler - one day she'll eat something and the next she won't. Mostly though, she's open to lots of food and if I ever want her to try something, I just put it on my plate and not on hers. Works great! :) "Want a bite?" "Another bite please." She loves to dip things like most toddlers - ketchup, salsa, ranch... so far, she loves all of it (she's her daddy's daughter).
Doctor Visit
We don't go again until 3 years old - it's really weird to only go once a year.
What new tricks does she do?
Physically she's just gotten better at running, tip-toeing, and climbing. She can now climb up her playset and correctly sit down and go down the slide.
Most new things seem to be in language development for her these days - vocabulary, comprehension, sentence structure, etc. If she hears a word now, she pretty much knows it. She has possessives figured out (Mommy's glasses, Daddy's coffee, Naomi's cup, Baby's paci, etc.), but is still working out personal pronouns (like me, my, mine, I, you, etc.).
She knows her shapes (circle, square, rectangle, star, heart, octagon, pentagon, triangle, cone, diamond, and oval at least). We're now working on cube, pyramid, sphere, etc.
She definitely knows her colors now. Yay!
She knows the alphabet song and knows all her letters, but is pretty ADD with that whole business.
She knows her numbers and can count to about 20.
She can sing a handful of little songs (Twinkle Twinkle, Row Your Boat, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, the BIBLE, etc).
She loves giving her prayer requests for bedtime prayers - "Pray for Mickey" "Pray for owl" "Pray for kitty"
The pretend play has gotten even better. She got into watching "Doc McStuffins" in the last few months, so she gets her toys, says, "Time for a check up" and "I have a diagnosis". It's seriously cute. Her diapers end up all over the place as she gives everyone a diaper change and a stack of receiving blankets will be instantly spread over the house as she covers all her toys up and tucks them in.
We're still going to swim lessons and we are trying her out in the next older class this spring, so we'll see how that goes. She practices kicking and rolling to her back a lot in the bathtub so that's good.
I guess that's it really.
General Observations?
It's so much fun watching her turn into a little person.
She has definitely embraced the world of 2 year old tantrums, so we are working through that. It's a fun mix of prevention, distraction, ignoring, and enduring while I do my best to keep my calm.
She has shown herself to be both sensitive and protective. If you're upset, she's upset. She has negative reactions to negative people. And, if you mess with me or her baby sister, she sorta loses it. If somebody gets too close to her baby sister when talking to her or holds her in certain situations, she gets upset. I feel bad for anyone who messes with her kid down the road. This girl's going to be one heck of a momma bear!
We're still waiting on potty training. Our current plan is to go for it sometime this summer when we aren't in Mother's Day Out or MOPS, so we can be home more often and when Brian is done with school. Here's to hoping. At the moment, she'll sit on the potty for a few ADD minutes, but has no interest in going in it and doesn't care a bit if she's got a dirty diaper.
We're still trying to figure out when to take away her crib pacis. At least she recognizes that any pacis that she finds outside of the crib are baby's and gives them to Olivia (it's really cute actually).
We are moving her up to a new forward-facing combination carseat soon and giving Olivia her old one. I'm hoping she'll be able to climb up into it and down out of it better which I'm hoping will help me with in/outs when I've got both kids by myself.
Mmm...can't think of anything else, but that's plenty, so...
Until next time... Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Cutie cutie! Don't stress on the potty thing. I didn't even start with Hannah until she was 2 1/2.
Cutie pie!
Post a Comment