Saturday, August 24, 2013

Olivia - 1 Year Old!



Stats?
Weight: about 19 lbs 11.5 oz (25%)
Height/Length: 28 in (10-25%)
Head: 44 cm (10-25%)
Clothing Size: 12 Months and some 12-18 Months 
Diaper Size: Size 3
   
How is she sleeping?
We put her down for bed around 7:30 and she usually sleeps until about 7:30 or whenever she hears Naomi get up.  We generally don't bother with a morning nap other than what she snags in the car.  She goes down for her afternoon at about 1:00 at the same time as Naomi, but how long she sleeps is erratic.  I'm hoping for some improvement in this area when she really, truly outgrows the morning nap and will hopefully be more open to a longer nap. 

How is she eating?
We stopped nursing this month and are fully on the sippy cup; it was a smooth and easy transition.  One of the only good things about having poor milk production is that it is easier to wean.  As for solids, we are still trying to pretty much just cut up anything we are eating into little bites as appropriate.  She usually does pretty well and seems to like a wide variety of food (except for one week where she got into a funk and wouldn't eat anything other than baby cereal). 

Doctor Visit
Everything checked out great.  She is on her growth curve, so that's all good.  We discussed the issue Olivia is having when trying to walk - she takes a giant step with her left leg and the right sorta just doesn't seem to quite know how to follow.  I figure she'll grow out of it and so does the doctor since her crawling is even so for now it's just a watch and see thing.  I just wanted to be sure that I mentioned it, just in case.  She got her toe pricked and barely reacted, just kept smiling, much to the staff's surprise.  She got 4 vaccinations and was a champ.  Wailed until I picked her up and by the time we got to the checkout desk, she was happily standing at the table playing with the stickers.  I'm so blessed by Olivia's happy disposition.  (On a side note, Naomi was a champ this visit as well with everything from the waiting room, to Olivia's exam, to her own little mini-exam, etc.)

What new tricks does she do?
She alternates between army crawling and standard crawling.  She is still pulling up on anything she can get her hands on.  She is a novice cruiser.  This month she has been having a blast playing peek-a-boo.  She seems to have a few baby versions of words like daddy, mommy, cat, thank you.  She's still a little fish.  She has a freakishly strong grip (seriously, it's not just me; I've had friends comment on it).  

General Observations?
We are up to 6 teeth and I project 8 soon.   
We still aren't sure what color her eyes will be; so far, they're hovering at a blue green color.  
The jury is still out on her hair as well.  She is finally getting some and depending on the lighting it can look redish, blondish, or light brown.  So, we will just have to wait and see.  
We still bathe the girls together most of the time. 
Naomi goes back and forth with this sister thing.  Sometimes she likes her, wants to play with her, wants to tickle her, wants her to join us in the "midnight zone" or wherever, wants to make her happy, etc.  Other times, it's not that way and usually involves a lot of yelling, crying, and the word no.  We are working on that as I'm sure we will be for the next 17 years... rest of our lives. 

And lastly, I can't believe that my little baby bee is one.  I still don't think it's really hit me yet. Oh, and did I mention?  This is the most ridiculously happy baby! 


Until next time... Enjoy!  












No comments: