Friday, August 2, 2013

Olivia - 11 Months



Stats?
Weight: about 18 lbs ? oz (?%)
Height/Length: ? in (?%)
Head: ? in (?%)
Clothing Size: We're slowly putting away the 9 month clothes and starting to wear the 12 month clothes. 
Diaper Size: Size 3 or 4 at night, and Size 3 during the day
   
How is she sleeping?
We put her down for bed around 7 or so and she usually sleeps until about 7:30 or so.  Naps are going okay, but not great.  We may be dropping the morning nap.  I don't think she's quite ready for it, but she doesn't always get one, so even when she does, she doesn't seem to want it.  She goes down for her afternoon at about 1:00 at the same time as Naomi, but often times Naomi will sleep longer than she.  I'm hoping for some improvement in this area when she really, truly outgrows the morning nap and will hopefully be more open to a longer nap.  I'm probably going to bump her naptime up a little earlier too soon and see if that helps. 

How is she eating?
As far as nursing, we are down to nursing first thing in the morning and that will most likely go away next month as she doesn't seem to be too interested and I don't think she's getting much as she seems to want a sippy cup within an hour or two after breakfast.  Oh, and the bottle is gone.  As for solids, we try to pretty much just cut up anything we are eating into little bites as appropriate.  The girl likes to eat, but leans toward meat and carbs (bread, potatoes, etc) and of course, refried beans. 

Doctor Visit
Next one is her one year visit - crazy!

What new tricks does she do?
She's got a pretty fast army crawl going now and can crawl from one room to another and really all over the place.  She chose the week we were in a hotel room to start pulling up on everything.  I anticipate some cruising to take off next month.  She can go from tummy to sitting.  She still loves clapping.  She seems to have a few baby versions of words like daddy, mommy, cat, thank you.  She's still a little fish.   

General Observations?
She has grown more hair, so her little "chicky" fuzz is almost gone. Bittersweet.
She finally got her top two teeth, so we are up to 4 teeth.  The two on either side of those are fastly coming in as well. 
We started bathing the girls together most of the time now.  They love it.  I thought Naomi might object, but she loves it too.  We are sure to give Naomi a little solo bath time at the end when we get Olivia out.  
Naomi is getting better with her all the time.  I think she is starting to see that Olivia may be fun to play with sometime.  We've continue working on sharing as I'm sure I will do until I'm no longer here to do it.  Naomi gives Olivia toys or brings her toys much better now.  If she finds one of Olivia's pacis or cups, she takes it to her.  She occasionally just brings her toys to be nice or pets her little head or gives her hugs.  That sorta stuff just melts me and always will.  
Did I mention?... I love watching the interaction between the two of them slowly develop.  I can't wait to watch them really play together!  
And lastly, I can't believe that my little baby bee will be one in one short month.  I thought one year flew by with the first, but it seems a little like warp speed with the second.  I really better get a jump on her first birthday party planning!
Shooting photos at this age is comical.  I love all the active outtakes!


Until next time... Enjoy!  












 

No comments: