Sunday, January 26, 2014

Naomi's 3rd Birthday Party - Part 1 - Octonauts Party Details

When I asked Naomi what kind of birthday party she wanted, she said "An Octonauts party".  Octonauts is a show on Disney Jr that is more popular in the UK than it is here, so there isn't a lot of pre-done party stuff.  I actually really enjoyed scouring the internet and Pinterest to find cute ideas for her party.  I snagged an invite from someone on Etsy and just emailed/Facebook-ed it to family and friends.  If I had been more on the ball (it's hard with her birthday on the heels of Christmas), I would have printed and mailed them. 

So here are some pictures of what all we did (in case you arrived on my blog post in search of ideas):

 This was the "Make Your Own Aquarium Station".  I had construction paper set out for the aquarium itself, cut up green construction paper for seaweed, sea life stickers, and printouts of various sea creatures with a glue stick to attach them.  
Also pictured on the right are the Peso Medic Bags for the party favors (Octonauts stickers, Octonauts coloring pages from the official site, a little fishy water game, and a package of Swedish fish candy).
 Kwazi's Sand-dollar cookies
 Marshmallows dipped in blue candy coating and crushed graham crackers with goldfish and 3 little pearl sprinkle bubbles. 
 Tweak's Buncha Muncha Crunchy Carrots and Tunip's Fish Biscuits
 Professor Inklings Octodip (hummus and bell pepper)
 Shark Melon!  My husband scoffed a bit when I asked him to do this and showed him the picture.  BUT, being the awesome daddy that he is, he hopped on YouTube, found an instructional video and did an awesome job!
 I got the cupcake wrappers, along with some other party supplies, online.  I made the cupcakes and butter cream frosting using a recipe from a friend.  They turned out pretty well for my first attempt at completely from scratch cupcakes, icing, and decorating. 

I didn't get pictures of all the little signs that I made (there was also a cute sign on the front door, a sign for Captain Barnacles' Coffee Bar and Drink Station, and a sign for the "Gup-cakes").  Also, I completely forgot to make Professor Inklings Octodogs, so that never made it out (and we ate a fair number of hot dogs the following week). 

No comments: