Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fantasy Football

So, anyone who knows me knows that I am not a big sports fan.  In fact the only sport that I watch regularly is UT football because I committed to that before hubby and I got married.  SO, that may leave you wondering why I have a blog entry about fantasy football.  Well, we have a fantasy football league at my office and I've participated the past couple of years, mostly so that I don't feel left out of the FF conversations on Mondays. 

As it turns out, I'm doing really well this year (so far).  Through happenstance and luck, I have an undefeated season and am number one in my league.  It's funny, I don't really care about NFL and until I started feeling the pressure to maintain my status in FF league, I didn't really care about the FF either.  The past couple of weeks though, I've been checking my roster more regularly, made an excellent trade (love Miles Austin) and am now waiting patiently to see what happens to my add/drops that I've put in for this week.  I still haven't watched more than about 15 minutes of NFL football this season and I've decided that may be for the best.  My FF decisions are completely un-emotional and based almost entirely on the stats. 

I'll keep you posted on my progress and what I assume will be my eventual downfall from the number one slot. 

No comments: