After our half-marathon a little over a week ago, Brian and I had planned to get right back to the running the following week with some shorter jogs (2, 4, and 6 miles), but that didn't happnen. We ended up taking the whole week off from running. I don't know if it was the time change or what, but I just couldn't get myself motivated to get out of bed. Plus, I only taught 3 times last week and that was all of my workouts. It was really weird. Maybe I needed the break, but it's over. Now it's 5 weeks until our next half-marathon and time to get back to work.
This morning we hit the trail at around 5:30 am and the weather was great - cool and clear with nice twinkling stars. A brisk walk to warm up and then off and running. We ran by "Trail Mix" both out and back; that's what I've named the cute little kitty that lives on the trail behind the QT gas station. She's a fluffy, gray and white kitty who's quite friendly (especially when no one has fed her recently). Sometimes we'll stop to pet her, but I was feeling good and didn't want to ruin it, so we kept going. Stretched and got some water at miles 1 and 2 and then ran back to the bagel store to clock in 4 miles. It was a great run and I felt great afterward. At the end we even got our pep talk from Clyde. Clyde has run marathons all over the world, including one on every continent, but I think the greatest thing about him is that he has the gift of encouragement in abundance. Today he told us how proud he was of us for finishing our first half and working toward our next one. Love that guy!
We're planning on 5 miles for Thursday and 8 or 9 miles on Saturday. Keep you posted!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment