I had my week 25 check up which includes the one hour glucose challenge on Monday, October 11. At this point, I just dread the weigh-ins. I gained another 7 lbs this month. The doctor commented that I seem to like that number and I assured her that I didn't, but that it seems to like me (with a bit of a laugh). My doctor is very kind about not badgering me about my weight. She just encourages me to eat healthy and walk regularly. Some weeks I do better with the exercise than others and for the most part I eat healthy (other than the occassional indulgence - see Round Rock Donuts post). I've tried to stick to healthy snacks like greek yogurt, apples, protein shakes, etc. At this rate, I will likely exceed the weight ceiling that I'd set for myself. (For those wondering, the weight ceiling I had in mind was way more than reasonable especially given my five foot frame - it was more than 40 pounds above my starting weight.) At this point though, I know that I'll just have to wait until after our little girl's arrival to deal with it. As someone who has always struggled with my weight, this is just tough for me. I know what it takes to drop the weight and I know it won't be easy or quick (and yes, I plan on nursing away as much of it as I can).
Anyway, enough about that. All my stats were good. Blood pressure is still better/lower than it was before I got pregnant, measurements were on track (25 at 25), urinalysis good, and I got the results of the glucose challenge and I'm good on that front too. I'm so glad that I don't have to have the 4 hour test. With my run-and-hide veins that would have been awful. As it was, the gal had to do quite a bit of digging to get her two viles for this test since my veins are deep and the minute you switch viles, they run away from the needle. So, whew, dodged a day of torture on that one. Little girl's hear tones were in the 150s and that's still very normal.
So praying that all my stats stay good and that the only third trimester weight gain is the baby's. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment