Saturday, November 6, 2010

Belly Pics

When I first got pregnant and started writing in this blog, I planned to take regular belly pics to document the growth and post on here.  That didn't actually end up happening.  Time seems to be just flying by.  As I've mentioned, I started showing pretty early and generally I look farther along than I really am.  I'm blaming the 5 foot thing.  Although I measure on track for my gestation, I get some comments from strangers sometimes. 

True Story:  Woman asks me when I'm due, I reply January, and she says, "Wow, that's gonna be a big baby!".  She then asks me boy or girl, I reply girl, and she says, "Oh, too big for a girl!".  Really!?!?!  It's sometimes shocking the things people actually say to pregnant women.  Hello!  We're hormonal and already insecure about our changing bodies which we seem to have little control over these days! 

My brother Derek also tells me I've gotten fat everytime I see him now, but if you know him at all, you know that's nothing to get frazzled about.  If he's not hassling you, he must not like you much, so I'll just consider myself loved. 

So, much ado about nothing, here is my first posted "belly" shot.  It's from a couple weeks ago (somewhere around the end of October), so I'll have to post another one over my Thanksgiving holiday. 

No comments: