The Rental Car
When we went to get our rental car, they said to just pick
any car in the row and drive to the front.
The only problem is that all the cars already had customers. So we stood there with the two kids, the
bags, the two car seats that the rental company gave us and a huge side of
frustrated exhaustion waiting for a vehicle.
Finally as they were about to give us a Dodge Charger, they
pulled up an SUV, a Buick Enclave, and gave us that. It’s brand new (about 400 miles). I’ve affectionately named it the bus as it is
so much bigger than what I’m accustomed to, but it has been kind of nice to
have all that space and I could get used to it.
Features that I love:
The side mirrors have lighted indicators if someone is in your blind
spot. It has a rear back up cam that
shows your projected path and that indicates if you are getting too close to
obstacles and that flashes if someone is coming down the row toward you. I love the 60/40 split 3rd
row and the roominess of the “trunk”
– we could just put the stroller up there without even collapsing it and still
have plenty of space for groceries. I
loved that the back seat has there own a/c – that just doesn’t happen in a
compact car, so my kids usually just roast.
The front console and the interior finishes were really nice. It has leather, heated seats (back only which
can be therapeutic or back and bum for cold weather). It seemed to accelerate and turn pretty well
which is saying a lot for someone who has a very small and therefore
maneuverable car. Oh, it seemed to have a Bluetooth link up to the phone, though I didn't test that out. I have that in my current vehicle and have now deemed it an essential in the next one; it's totally awesome. I’m guessing that there
were a ton of other features that I haven’t even gotten to yet. Not sure of the price point on this thing,
but if you’re in the market, you may want to check it out.
*Note – when I returned home, I was a little sad to get into
my tiny car. I also noted how much
smoother the Enclave was on the road.
The Hotel
Our hotel was determined by Brian’s company as it was a
business trip and all Dell people stayed in the same place but it worked really
well for us and it was a pretty nice hotel.
I believe it was once an Embassy Suites.
Our room had a spacious bathroom, a little living area and a
bedroom. They provided us with two pack
n’ plays for the girls that we put in the living area. It was nice to be able to close the door
between them and us in the evenings after we put them down. The night of our arrival they had free
fajitas so that was a treat and they were good.
They also have a yummy breakfast buffet.
Brian got it for free everyday and we just joined him on the
weekend. They also have a good, little
fitness center and two pools (one indoor and one outdoor). If you are looking for a quality,
off-Disney-Property hotel that is still close to the park, this is a good
one.


No comments:
Post a Comment