On our last day, we went back over to Bill and Alana's for one last cookout and a little ride out on the boat. Once we got out there and dropped anchor and the girls saw Rita swimming, they wanted to go too. We didn't have any swimsuits, so we stripped the girls down to their skivvies, put the life vests back on and they went for it! FYI, a Michigan lake in the summer is still quite cold.
Naomi (shivering): "It's cold!"
Us: "Yeah, sweetie. Do you want to get out?"
Naomi: "No. I want to jump again."
Love it!
At one point, Olivia sorta falls off the back step of the boat and goes into the lake head first (with her life jacket on of course) and no problem, still all smiles. Thanks to Rita for swimming with our girls!
They had so much fun and while I know they won't remember it years from now, we will. :)
Once we were all dried off and back at the house, the girls curled up with Grandpa Ken for a look through the I Spy book.


No comments:
Post a Comment