So below is my current set of goals (in no particular order):
- Stay on top of the laundry - To do this I will need to do at least 1 load each of baby, darks, lights, and miscellaneous (sheets, towels, or other extras) per week.
- Vacuum the living room and clean the kitchen/dining room floor weekly.
- Keep the dishes done, counters clean, refrigerator clean, and pantry organized.
- Bake something and/or try a new recipe once a week.
- Pick one room a week to try to clean really well.
- Improve my couponing and sale shopping with regard to food (we've got toiletries taken care of, but there is still more money to be saved).
- Keep the kitties fed and watered with clean litter boxes (with the baby here now, this one has become much more of an effort than before).
- Workout at least 5 times a week in some way (doing something for myself and taking care of myself makes me a better wife and mom - plus I need to get back into my clothes to save money).
- Be affectionate with my husband so that he doesn't think that romance died in the delivery room.
- Project - Clean/Organize Master Closet (this became a mess as soon as I started changing sizes on a monthly basis and is still a mess since I am still not back into any of my pre-preg clothes).
Oh, you may have noticed that I didn't list anything involving the baby. That's because there is nothing about her that is a goal. Everything about her is a requirement. She must be taken care of and nurtured every single day and that takes precedent over any of these 10 goals. So, if anything (or everything) above gets pushed aside periodically in the quest to have a happy, healthy, growing and beautiful baby girl, then I'll still consider myself a success. None of us needs to be Superwoman for the world, we just need to be Supermom for our kiddos.
:)


No comments:
Post a Comment