Monday, June 14, 2010

3/26/10 – Temporary Rules and Re-directing Focus

So I’ve made up some temporary rules for myself in the interest of keeping my sanity. I am restricting myself from googling, e-window-shopping, or reading articles related to babies, pregnancy, etc. I’ve armed myself with all the information that I need at this stage, so any additional reading is leaning towards obsessive.


Instead, I’m focusing on the positive and channeling my energies into the various tasks at hand. First task at hand is a garage sale tomorrow. We are getting rid of a ton of stuff to make some space in the house and in the garage for the cars with the oh-so-wonderful side benefit of making some money. I started listing the positives of not being pregnant right now and here is what I came up with: I will be at least one month closer to being debt free when all of this goes down. I can still drink wine (had a glass last night and savored every sip). I can still eat sushi – yummy! (I’ll have to make sure to eat some this month, just in case.) I can still color my hair this weekend which is good because my roots are getting rather salty. I can try to lose some weight this month and can try to ramp up my workout schedule. Lastly, as my husband pointed out, we can still have lots of fun trying.

No comments: