All the little pregnancy progress things that I read say that “You’re still not showing yet…” blah blah. Really? Have you seen me!?!? Okay, so I know that the baby isn’t the one showing, but I’m certainly bigger. This is really just a nice way of trying to say, “You’re at the awkward stage where people will wonder if you’re pregnant or just getting fatter”. Couldn’t they just say that? Be honest, so I don’t feel like a giant lard-o. I’m sure it doesn’t help that I’m only 5 feet tall; anything extra shows up quick. Actually, to me, it looks more like I’ve gained at least ten pounds. I’ll be lucky to make it through the first trimester without a pair of maternity pants.
Some stats on my weight gain: At my appointment on Tuesday, I had gained 4 pounds since my last visit 2 weeks ago. The doctor said it was a bit much and I should watch it, but it wasn’t horrible yet. Today, at my appointment with my endocrinologist, I was up another 2 pounds; those 2 I’m attributing to water retention since my hands and feet could pass for breakfast sausages today (even the doc commented). She told me to watch my salt intake. I’m hoping that it slows down a little after this first trimester. I’ve been so hungry all the time that I’m constantly eating. I actually hate it, especially since nothing ever sounds good. Couple that with the fact that my workouts are a lot less intense, due to being on low-impact only, and it’s no wonder that I’m gaining more weight than I should.
So, I’ll be concentrating on only eating when I’m hungry and only until I’m full. I’m also going to try to squeeze in a couple more workouts every week. We’ll see if I can slow this train down a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment