Saturday, June 19, 2010

5/26/10 – Excited!

I’m excited for a couple different reasons (the second one being the most dominant). First, I finally slept decent last night. Had some discomfort initially, but finally nodded off about 30 minutes later and stayed asleep until 5:15. Then, I had to get up to go the bathroom and I was wide awake, but it’s so much better than it has been so I’ll take it. Next, and the most exciting, I scheduled our first appointment with the Ob/Gyn for next Tuesday, June 1st. The scheduling lady said that they will do an ultrasound. I’m so excited to get to see our baby and maybe hear its little heartbeat! It will so put my mind at ease to about a bunch of little worries I have since I haven’t seen a doctor yet. I keep worrying that the baby isn’t where it’s supposed to be or that it isn’t developing correctly. Like I said though, it’s definitely been enriching my prayer life and I have a feeling that will continue for the rest of my life. I love laying my hand on my belly before I go to sleep at night and praising God for his miraculous and wondrous works and then praying to Him for my baby’s health.


On another note, I think it’s time to get some sort of maternity band. I’m not quite big enough yet for maternity pants but I’ve pretty much stopped buttoning my pants (and in some cases zipping them). I’m also contemplating a new size of bra, especially a more supportive sports bra for working out, and possibly a couple of cute maternity shirts to help hide my bloat-y belly. This is all so surreal; I can’t believe we’re actually doing this and it’s all happening.

No comments: