The last week has been full of ups and downs. Sometimes it just feels like I am a little voodoo doll that the baby is playing with. Poke – I’m asleep. Poke – I’m starving. Poke – I feel like barfing. Poke – This or that aches. Poke – I can’t sleep. Poke, poke, poke. It’s made it difficult to be excited about this wonderful thing. Sometimes I start to wonder if there is such a thing as pre-partum depression – if not, there should be because I swear I’ve got it. I wonder why I signed up for this and what was I thinking. I just keep trying to cheer myself through by counting down until I make it through the first trimester. The second trimester is supposed to be the best, so I’m counting down the next four weeks.
I really can’t imagine doing this with anyone other than my hubby. He has been such a blessing. He never complains about how many times I get up during the night. He gets me some toast or cereal and brings it to me in bed every morning. When I don’t have enough energy for some household tasks, he gladly takes them on. Yesterday was a particularly rough day and he took care of me all day and made a wonderful dinner (enchiladas verdes). He’s been amazing.
Tomorrow we have our next appointment with the OB. We should be having another sonogram and hopefully get to hear the heartbeat. Brian is super excited. I’m hoping that it will be a good appointment and that it will really get me more excited since I’ve been in a bit of a slump. I’ll let you know tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment