Saturday, June 19, 2010
5/24/10 – OMG!
I’m pregnant! On Saturday morning (two days ago), I went ahead and ran the test and it turned positive almost immediately. Re-ran it on Sunday just to be sure and it was even more positive. I can’t believe it and I’m still not sure that it has sunk in. My initial reaction was basically an “I’m not crazy” one. I’m so glad to know that everything I was feeling in my body really was my little one setting up house. Given symptoms and my lack of an actual period last month, Brian and I are both convinced that I’m 8 weeks along and that my body just hadn’t produced enough hormone last month to give me a positive. If that’s the case, my baby is about the size of a grape, so all weekend we’ve been calling it our little grape. I’m so glad that I waited until Saturday to take the test, I can’t imagine finding this out and then having to go to work and sit still all day. I spent most of the weekend freaking out a bit and repeating the news to myself in various ways. It’s so hard to keep this all in and not tell people, especially since my belly is threatening to give it away at any time. I can still hide it with clothes, but it’s obvious to me and Brian. I think there has been a lot going on with it this weekend given all the different physical feelings that I’ve had. I have to say I suddenly felt super sassy yesterday evening. Anyway, I will say there is nothing like a pregnancy to enrich your prayer life. Multiple times a day I place my hands on my belly and pray for my little grape. I also keep praying for some of the women that I know have been trying without success. Well, I do feel better having written that. Well, off to the little girls’ room! I think I’ll be there a lot today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment